Stephen works long hours as a child psychologist. His stressful job leaves him in need of rest and relaxation in his off hours, which doesn’t include coming home to deal with a house in need of numerous repairs and renovations.
In the spring of 2015, Stephen hired Erin Barbot and Co to help get his home back in order. To give Stephen the ability to focus on his important job and restore his time to unwind, we took on the following. Over the course of the summer, we:
- researched and vetted several home improvement contractors;
- showed the potential candidates the issues, followed up with them on estimates and strategies, and then presented Stephen a shortlist of vendors;
- worked directly with the chosen contractor on the estimate, contract, timeline, and follow-up questions;
- met the contractor at Stephen’s house to get the work started and ensure clarity on scope;
- managed communication between the contractor and Stephen, collaborating on design decisions, reporting on progress, and addressing questions;
- helped identify and price supplies;
- handled problems with the contractor’s work on Stephen’s behalf until he was satisfied with the results.
*all names have been changed unless approved by the client.