Hello! I’ve felt really inspired this fall, and wanted to share some of the items that have kept me feeling creative and motivated:
- A new coffee maker! Once we used up and gave away our remaining Keurig pods we purchased a Chemex, a coffee grinder, and reusable filters. It’s not only pretty to look at, it also makes really great coffee, cuts down on costs, environmental impact, and of course…space.
- This beautiful blog: I forgot how much I love reading a good blog. Reading My Tea Leaves follows a woman on her quest to live comfortably with her soon-to-be family of four in a small apartment in New York. I did get some funny looks from my family when I started taping leaves on the wall, but I think they came around:).
- I rediscovered bookends! Styling your bookshelf is a great way to keep your books organized, add some design to a room, and display trinkets that are meaningful to you. Using bookends to hold your book groupings together makes styling and pulling books out when you need them much easier.
- I’m on my third season of a capsule closet and still loving it. For the winter I tried Cladwell, a website that walks you through the process of creating a capsule closet and then sends you recommended websites for the clothes you still need to complete your capsule. It was a great tool to help me navigate what I need, and don’t need, based on my lifestyle. All of their recommended sites are sustainable and slave-free. Best of all..it’s only $15 for three months!
- I loved this article with ideas on reusable items to incorporate into your daily routine. I was suspect of using nursing pads instead of my cotton rounds to clean my face, but I’m sold now. It took a little getting used to, but it’s definitely worth the landfill and financial savings.
Happy Holidays! Erin